Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Family and Friends! So much to be thankful for this year. My dad and I have been touched by God's miracle saving power and what praises we will have on Thanksgiving! This year has been extremely challenging physically, mentally and spiritually and still have quite a bit of recovery. However, God deserves so many thanks for the ways He has provided for us throughout the year! I just wanted to give you a quick update on what to pray for this next week. On November 26th, 27th and 29th I have all my scans and xrays. Please pray that all the tests come back great! I hope to then visit with the oncologist to plan a surgery time. I would really like to get the surgery done in December so I can be done with it, but I am trusting in God's perfect timing. Please pray for me as my body is recuperating from the chemotherapy. My mind wants to get going much faster than my body and that can be extremely frustrating for a gal that is usually always on the go! The doctors say that it will take 6 months to a year before I will feel "normal" again or have the energy back. Pray for my patience to just rest my body so it can heal. Pray also for my thoughts. My thoughts and emotions are like a roller coaster. One day I am rock solid and the next day I just fall apart. I need my prayer warriors to lift me up :) This Thanksgiving I will be at the Dunlap's enjoying Marlene's wonderful cooking. Mark's sister Debi and family and Mark's cousin and family will be there along with Marlene's sister and grandma Gladys. We will enjoy the time spent together. I will be missing mom, dad and my sister and fam!!!!!!!!! I love you guys sooooo much and my heart is there with you in Wisconsin. I just pray that God sends my love to you across the miles during this time. It is so hard at times to be away from you going through all this! I just keep thinking of all the fun times we will have this summer together once dad and I have fully recovered. I so look forward to making some great memories! Well, that's about it for now. Thank you all for your prayers and love. Happy, happy thanksgiving and enjoy your time with family and friends!

Love you,
Dana

1 comment:

Mary T. said...

Dana, You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. We pray your recovery is another one of God's miracles you can add to your testimony. Being done with chemo will give you a new energy emotionally and physically. You are an inspiration to all of us!!
We love you so much,
Don & Mary T.