Saturday, December 15, 2007

Needing Prayer!

Hi Everybody,
It's Saturday today and just trying to get a lot accomplished before Tuesdays' surgery. Lot's of laundry today and christmas shopping. Hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season. This past week my uncle passed away (my mom's brother) in Illinois. My mom and grandma and grandpa could use some prayer as they have lost a brother and a son. Please pray also for my Uncle's only son Robby. He needs God's peace and strength right now. It has been hard to be away in a time like this so I just trust my prayers are comforting them. I must admit I am quite nervous about this whole surgery thing on Tuesday. I know that I have had the last 6 months to think about it but as it approaches my anxious thoughts are getting the best of me. I just pray that the pathology reports come back NO TRACES OF cancer! Also pray that the Lord prepares Mark and I as we have our first look at the scars. It really is quite a thought to think that there will be no breasts there after I wake up. Kind of scary! Sorry just babbling now as I have just a ton of thoughts running through my head. I find comfort and peace knowing that all of you are praying for me and my family. I also find comfort in knowing that my Savior Jesus is on my side and taking care of every detail. You all are so special to me and I can't wait to report back to you next week on God's great and mighty victories in my life. Mark or I will give the update when we can. Talk soon!

Love to you,
Dana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana-
Sorry we haven't connected--we have a different phone number. We'll do a video chat when you're feeling up to it. We'll be praying for your surgery tomorrow and that HIS peace will flood over you and Mark during the next couple of weeks. We love you guys--you're awesome!

Blessings!
Jodi

Eliza Brock said...

You'll do great! I know your nervous and the after thoughts are pretty scary. They do take some time to get used to the scars but at least your alive and here to see another day with your family. There is always reconstruction and plastic surgery. Truly amazing things are available to us through medicine. Keep your chin up and I am praying your surgery goes well and you won't have any horrible side effects from anethesia or meds! love ya!

Diane Peterson said...

Hi Dana and Family,

I will pray for you and Mark and your uncle's family. I hope your surgery went OK. I hope your Holiday is filled with peace, comfort and good news! You and your family has had its share of trials this year. I'm so glad you have the Lord in your life. I think of you all every morning as I leave for work and come home as I look down the street and see your door. Loving thoughts, Diane