Sunday, December 23, 2007

CANCER FREE AND PRAISING GOD!!!

Hello Dear family and friends,
Well, the title says it all! It' s Sunday morning today and I just got a call from my surgeon regarding the pathology report. He asked if I had a few minutes and my heart just sank. Back in May when he called to reveal to me that I had cancer he said the same thing as I got on the phone. Instantly he told me that everything looked great and there was no traces of cancer! He ended up removing 8 lymph nodes and some of them appeared to be a little larger than others but NO CANCER!!! I am still shaking from the wonderful news and just praise God for His healing. I feel as if I have been given a new life or an opportunity to love, share, give and make memories. It is the best feeling I think I have ever felt. When I was praying with the pastors from our church about 2 weeks ago one of the pastors said he had a vision of me as a beautiful butterfly emerging from it's cocoon. That's what I feel like today. I have been transformed, given new life and restoration and now I am ready to spread my wings and make a difference for God!!!! Thank you all for your prayers for surgery. I ended up having to go back into surgery the next day after the mastectomy because there was a small blood clot under where the left breast used to be. So it was much harder to recover because of the aneseathia. God is good because now I am home and recovering well. Looking at the scars for the first time was hard but I am rather impressed at how good the incisions look. Last night mark threw out his first joke at me and called me the "beautiful boobless wonder". I laughed so hard that I almost busted my stitches open. I realized at that point I am in store for some pretty good jokes. :) No matter how you look at the situation it is best to see it with humor - it makes everything so much easier. And quite honestly ladies, I can now run faster than you because there ain't anything holding me up!!! And not to have to wear a bra anymore _ WHAT FREEDOM!!!!! I might just get used to this whole boobless thing :) Well, getting a little sore as I type so I better go. JUst wanted to praise God with you at His great and mighty power. I love you all and Merry Christmas!



Dana

1 comment:

Lori Drake said...

We praise God for your great news! Rest and heal! Happy New Year.