Sunday, April 13, 2008

God's Goodness, Grace and Mercy!

Hello to all my family and friends!
I apologize for not keeping you all up to date the last couple of months. I have gotten several phone calls from friends in other states wondering what in the world is going on with me! I so appreciate all your concern, prayers, love and support. I had been having computer problems figuring out my blog account and just didn't want to deal with it as I am so not a "techy" when it comes to computers so I kept putting it off. However, I have realized that this is such a great way to keep everyone up to date with how things are going. Things are going great!! God's goodness, grace and mercy continue to amaze me and my family! I am feeling very good and strong. I have joined a cancer wellness program at a local gym and get to workout with a couple personal trainers a couple times a week to help get the blood flowing again and the muscles pumped up! It feels great. Last time I blogged I had made mention of an abnormal pap test. After I had a biopsy the reports still came back slightly abnormal but the doctor felt it was hardly enough to even bother with it. Yes!!!!! I just need to repeat the pap in 4 months and see how things are looking then. I am trusting that the Lord will heal that too :) I am really healing up nicely after the bilateral mastectomy. At times there are a few sharp pains that linger periodically throughout the day but for the most part I sometimes forget that I even had it done. I had noticed a small little "bebe" size nodule under my right arm pit and had my surgeon looked at it. He felt that because it was so tiny that it could just be a deep suture that cells have formed around and he wasn't worried. This Wednesday at 10:15AM I have my first 3 month check up with my oncologist. I have already done the blood work and I am trusting that God has healed me once and for all and that all my reports will come back beautifully! To God be all the the Glory!! May 18th will mark the one year date as to when I found out I had cancer. As I was working out a couple of weeks ago a thought crossed my mind and it was this " The Day God Gave Me Victory!" Actually that sounds like a great title for a book! I remember when I was first diagnosed some cancer survivors called their cancer experiences a "gift". Well, I still haven't gotten to call the cancer I had a gift but I will say that May 18th, 2007 marked the day that God gave Me Victory! Victory in so many ways! Healing over cancer, the building of my faith, the depth and intimacy of my relationship with my Savior Jesus, an incredible, awesome, intimate relationship with my husband, patience, kindness and compassion with people, healed relationships, beautiful friendships, and the list goes on! Had I not ever gone through this experience with cancer I am not sure I would have ever been able to experience these victories in my life and felt the joy and passion for Christ that I have now! The Word of God states that God works things out for the good of each believer. I know many wondered how in the world could any good come out of such a horrible event but as I review all God has done through this process it is evident that Christ's fingerprints were all over me EVERY step of the way! I am truly a different person now than I was before May 18th 2007 and still continue to grow in what God is teaching me. The victories still keep coming. Now that it's been a few months out I am realizing that I am healing more emotionally than I am physically. I am finding that Satan wants to have a hay day with my thoughts and try to convince me that every ache, pain, abnormal test and little bumps I find is the end of my life! It really has been a battle in mind to continue to focus on Jesus and what He has done in me and not believe the pile of lies I am being fed. I have never in my life dealt with so much emotional turmoil and fear. It truly can become a spiritual bondage. My fear is not dying because I know that being side by side with my Creator will be the best place in this world to be but it's not being here for my precious children and husband that drives me to my knees. I have dealt with a tremendous amount of fear in this area and am sharing with you today so you know how to pray. GOD WILL GIVE ME VICTORY OVER THIS TOO! God is showing me things everyday through His Word and counsel of others slowly break the chains of fear and anxiety. God's word tells us a number of times "Do not fear" and to trust and believe! God is truly a Compassionate, Gracious, Merciful and Loving God so why wouldn't I put my full trust in Him??? I look forward to reporting to you how God has given me yet another victory in this area! I had better wrap this up for now. Please continue to pray for God's healing physically, mentally and spiritually.

All my love to you,
Dana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dana-
Looks like you're back to that CUTE hair cut! Love it! Thanks for the pics on the blog, wish I could have been there! Love ya and we'll keep praying! Squeeze the boys for us!

Jodi