Saturday, April 26, 2008

Give Thanks to God!

Hello All! I just want to begin with this verse in Psalms 105:1-3 " Give Thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice..." That is just want I want to do! I want to thank my God for all He has done in my life and make it known to all! I received great pathology reports back yesterday regarding the little lymph node that was removed last Monday - totally BENIGN!! God has done a good work in me and will bring it to completion (Phillipians 1:6) I just want to shout HIs praises for the Awesome, Powerful and Living God that He is! Psalms 66:5 is another great verse for me to remember not only through my healing but all the things God continues to do in our lives on a daily basis. "Come and see what God has done, how AWESOME his works in man's behalf!" It can be so easy to forget all that God has done because we get so muttled down in the everyday rut of life and all of it's problems. But isn't that just what Satan would like - for us as God's children to forget all that the great and Mighty Creator has done for us since the beginning of time?? This past week I went to a Seder meal at church which was a terrific way of truly remembering ALL that God has done for us starting with the exodus of the Isrealites from Egypt to our present day! What a reminder of God's power, authority and knowledge. The Bible says that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. (Hebrews 13:8) I think at times I have been guilty of thinking that God has changed just because our times have changed so drastically. Before going through an experience with cancer I often wondered and I have heard other Christians state that maybe miracles do not happen anymore. I realized after going through the experience I did God opened my eyes to all His Glory around me. He DOES and don't let Satan fool you that God does perform great and mighty miracles everyday we just have to be open to seeing them. If He was the same God yesterday (performing awesome miracles back then) His word says that He is the same today (still performing those great miracles). I have come to realize that even though this world may be filled with tragic disappointments God is in control and knows all! I just need to allow my mind to be focused on Christ so that I have a direct connection with the Holy Spirit and can be led by Him. I am learning by doing this allows me to see on a daily basis God's miracles and awesome works! I am a living miracle and believe that He has allowed me life to give HIm all the glory! I thank each of you for always praying and loving on us! God certainly does rally the Saints when His kids are needing help! We love each of you and hope you are enjoying your weekend as a family!

Love,
Dana

Oh yes, I just wanted to update you on Mark's job. He did have his second interview on Monday. He spoke with the recruiter that he is working with and found out that the interviewer felt Mark had a great second interview and is reviewing all of Mark's materials (research) he brought in. We are just praying for God's will - He knows best! Please continue to pray with us for God's provisions!

No comments: