Wednesday, April 16, 2008

YAHOOO- GREAT RESULTS!

Hello Family and Friends,
Just had to report to you all that my 3 month check up with my Oncologist went well!! All my blood work came back looking good and clean - Praise the Lord!! Since the levels in my blood looked good I don't have to return back to the Oncologist for 6 more months and then they will repeat the blood work. I really had quite a bit of anxiety going into that place again. It is amazing how many different emotions and stages a cancer survivor goes through. At times I think "Hey, I think I am feeling like myself again in every respect and then another day comes and I am experiencing emotions and thoughts I never thought I could have. This is more than just a physical healing but also a mental one. I still haven't gotten the nerve to go back into the chemo room to visit all of my special nurses because it is to hard for me to see the other patients going through such pain. I really hope that changes because I would love to use my experience to encourage some one else in their battle! Not to mention share the hope of Christ with them. Please pray for me in this area :) There is a little nodule that I had found under my right arm pit that both my surgeon and oncologist think is benign or maybe just some scar tissue from the mastectomy but I don't want to mess around with it so I will be having that removed next monday at 9:45am. It's just an in office visit with a local and then it's done. It will give me a piece of mind to know everything is ok. Please pray for that as well - thank you. I have started a self Bible study on Fear and how it can hinder all that God has for our lives. It's amazing what I am learning. One thing I learned today is how our past experiences, big or small, should not cause us fear but rather reveal to us God's great power and protection through that experience. This past trials or experiences also build our faith for future events. The scripture used as an example of this is in 1Samuel when David approached King Saul about fighting the giant Goliath. King Saul told him that it would be impossible for little David to fight such a mighty warrior as Goliath. However, David tells King Saul that IN HIS PAST ( past experience) he killed a fierce lion and bear with his own hands to save his sheep. So because of his past experience with the wild bear and lion his faith was strong and build up in God trusting him to yet give him another victory. If David had not had that past experience or hardship he would not have been prepared to fight the giant Goliath. It was a great reminder to me that God puts things into our lives to prepare us for the future and to build our faith in Him! What an awesome God we serve. Oh yes, some of you have called about Mark's job. He did end up loosing his job a few weeks ago. The large pharmaceutical company did buy out his company and now he is without a job. He does receive a severance package for the next few months and we are praying for our Faithful God to yet reveal Himself again. WE KNOW HE WILL SHOW HIMSELF AGAIN!!!! Mark has a second interview with a company on Monday for a Spinal Orthopedic equipment position (medical sales) Please pray for the Lord's will.

Enjoy your day and families!

Love you,
Dana

No comments: