Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Good days!

Hello All! Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. Jan, it was soooo good to hear from you- thank you for your prayers! Well, this is my week to feel good before I get hit hard again next week. I feel really good this week and enjoying every minute of it! I am trying so hard not to think to much about next week but it just looms in my mind. Please pray for me that God give me the physical, mental and spiritual strength to carry through with the LAST 2 treatments. I am really beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel - that's what keeps me going! I was reading a devotional book written by Beth Moore and several missionaries and one section was on spiritual warfare. It happens to be the topic for the month of October. Pretty appropriate as the devil is trying so hard to beat me down as I close in on my last 2 treatments. However, what I wanted to share with you is what Beth wrote about our trials and when they are hard they could be for a couple of reasons and here's what she says: "Satan is into numbers not names. He wants to kill as many birds with one stone as possible. That's why he wants people of inflluence more than anyone. He'll also do anything he can to shut down those who show the potential for influence. Take Peter, for instance. At the time of Christ's earthly ministry, Simon Peter fumbled the ball as often as he carried it. Satan, however, watched him closely and knew he had the potential and passion to be dangerous to the kingdom of darkness. So he came for him. If you read the 22nd chapter of Luke carefully, you will note that Christ obviously allowed Satan to "sift (Peter) like wheat"(vs.31) Christ had the authority to forbid the enemy that right. Why didn't he? Because Peter apparently had some things that needed sifting." I love this passage because it makes me realize that Satan considers me a huge potential with passion to make a BIG difference for God's Kingdom. What the enemy may not realize is this time that I am laying low or feeling like a bull in a cage will back fire on his plan. Because this bull is raging to get out and scream at the top of her lungs the praises of a God who heals, restores and loves with compassion! God must be "spiritually pruning" me for something special and I can't wait to serve Him with everything I got! So bring on those next two treatments and masectomy because boobs or no boobs this girl got a mission from God and it sure is exciting! I love you all so much and trust that you will continue to lift us up this month! Monday October 8th and Monday October 29th are the last 2 treatments. Go prayer warriors Go! Let God be bombarded with prayers and praise!

Enjoy this day!
Dana

No comments: