Friday, August 31, 2007

Dana's Sleeping...

Hey all-Dana is sleeping and wanted me to update everyone. I don't know if I'm all the blogger my sweetie is but-to bad ;) Dana has really been wiped out with the FEC. She is on the mend. She has had bouts of nausea and feeling exhausted but so wound up inside and not being able to rest. The affect of a combination of FEC and steroids. She has been on a emotional roller coaster as well, feeling very helpless then knowing that God is her strength and will see her through. She wants to get up and do "stuff" but is unable to do it. Just pray that she will rest and not be concerned with the "stuff" around her. God is sufficient in all He provides and His provisions have been very good to us...Thank you for your continued support in prayer.
A song that has been very encouraging to us has been one by Stephen Curtis Chapman,"Bring it on", it is a song that reminds us to look at God's plans and how they may not be our plans. By embracing what God has for us and allowing Him to steer the ship and not us, we get to see a new revelation of His goodness. We will never know "why" Dana got cancer...What I do know is that He has revealed more love to us than ever before. We have never trusted God like now and have a richer relationship with Jesus than ever before which makes our relationship that much richer. If you are going through tough times, whatever it may be, it is personal to you and is where God has you embrace it and watch God do cool things!
Some of the lyrics that speak to me are:
"I am not going to run form the very things that will drive me closer to Him, So Bring it on!"
the Courus goes:
Let the lighting flash!
Let the thunder roll!
Let the Storm wind blow! Bring it on!
Let the trouble come!
Let it make me fall on the one who is strong! Bring it on!....
Let me be made weak so I know the strength of the one who is strong...Bring it on!

May God Bless--Bring it on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. D-
You are a great blogger, too! Thanks for keeping us posted. It was great "seeing" you the other night! Give DD a kiss from us!
Jodi