Monday, August 6, 2007

To God Be the Glory!

Good Monday All!
Yes, 10 treatments under my belt- to God be all the glory!!!! It is not by my strength but by His that I have been able to go this far. 2 more treatments of Taxol and then on to the other drug. Today went well, although, I did get the "new nurse". How lucky am I????? She was super sweet and I enjoyed visiting with her, however, the port poke was something I care not to experience ever again. We are given a numbing cream to put on one hour before receiving chemo to dull the effect of the dreaded poke. But if you get a nurse that gets it in there just right then the cream is not even needed. Anyways, all went well today. Just tired from the Benedryl cocktail which is given to prevent any allergic reactions to the chemo. I just want to praise God and tell you thank you for all your prayers because after visiting with the nurses the last couple times of treatment I have come to realize that I "should be" experiencing many more side effects that I have not dealt with. I told my nurse today that all the credit goes to God because He is showing me His grace and mercy and it's because He hears all your prayers! That is some exciting stuff. My sister-in- law Debi came to sit with Mark and I today. It was great having her there for support - thanks Deb! Grandma watched the boys and they had fun helping working out in the yard and hulling rocks - thanks to Grams and Gramps! Yesterday we had a family barbeque and got to visit with Mark's uncle Don. It was a great day to spend a Sunday just kick'n back and enjoying family. Don, thanks for making the trip down and can't wait to see Aunt Denise soon too. Well, that's it for now. Just taking it one day at a time and trusting God with ALL I got! He lights my pathway everyday even if it seems at times I am taking baby steps. Eventually, I will come to that door that I visualize and walk through it, slam it shut, and call it one more chapter in my life! Then the next chapter begins and I can't wait to see what God has planned!

PRAYER REQUESTS:
Continued strength to fight and victory over cancer
That I learn all the God wants me to learn through this process
Strength for Mark and the kids everyday
That my body will be prepared to receive the new drug Aug. 27th

Love you,
Dana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana,

New at this blog stuff.

It is great to see how GREAT our God is! You've got the HOPE! Romans 5:3...rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance: perseverance, character and character, hope.

We are coming to CO the end of August for the BIG HUNT-see ya soon!

Lookin' Up!

Todd and Holly

Jen said...

Hi Dana
I got your message and I would love to watch the boys.I do need to make sure that Calvin does not have a doctors appointment that day. I think it is on Tuesday however I wan to be sure before I commit. I am so glad that thinks are going so well. You look amazing every time I see you. Keep it up. The kids can not wait to see the boys.