Friday, August 10, 2007

Joy in the Morning!

I told ya - "when sorrow comes for a night JOY comes in the morning" (Psalm 30) Or remember that song in the early 90's " I Have A New Attitude"! I popped out of bed this morning with the Joy that God promises and a "new attitude" to conquer! Yes, only because of your prayers - thank you!!!! I am feeling quite tired this morning but still doing well. We were hoping to visit with our best buddies from Wisconsin "the Fischers" as they are here vacationing in Colorado this week, but some of them have colds:( I have been totally restricted from going anywhere public because of germs and my white blood cell count being so low. You guys come all this way and I can't even get a Fischer Hug. I am so sorry guys - but next summer we will have the biggest victory bash and it will make up for this trip. Last night at I was reading I was reminded of the story of Peter and the disciples in the boat as Jesus was approaching them walking on water. Peter called out in excitement to the Lord and the Lord told him to "Come". He proceeded to get out of the boat and walk on the water towards Jesus but as he took his eyes off of the Lord he saw all of the big, huge, crashing waves around him. He then began to sink. As he sank, he called back out to Jesus and Jesus rescued him. That's exactly what happened to me a few days ago I took my eyes off of Jesus and saw all waves (horror stories of the new drug) crashing around me and I too began to sink. How awesome our Lord is to us that whenever and no matter what we do if we cry out to Him He will rescue us! Well, he indeed rescued me from my pit and I am thankful today that I have a new joy and new attitude :)

Enjoy His blessings daily!
Dana

No comments: