Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Giants We Face

Hey Everybody!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day. It has been a good day here - I might add quite peaceful too :) Uncle Kevin came this morning to pick up the boys and take all the kids to the park and then swimming at their pool. What a fun day for them and hopefully not too tiring for Uncle Kevin :) Thanks Kev for allowing me some great time to rest. I had a huge nap today. I must have been more tired than I thought because one moment I was reading and the next thing I know it was 2 hours later. It was needed! I am sure all of you heard about Robin Roberts the anchor lady on Good Morning America announced that she has the early stages of breast cancer. It was interesting to hear her share news. She was surprised to have cancer as it did not run in her family history - neither did mine. 80% of women who find that they have breast cancer will not have a family history of it. Robin Roberts commented that she was also surprised because she felt so healthy and took good care of herself - that's how I felt too! That's why there is no rhyme or reason to cancer. I could just feel every emotion that Robin Roberts was feeling as she shared her news - it is sereal!(spelling???) However, whether it be cancer or broken relationships or troubles of any kind we can overcome these "giants" that haunt us with God's great power and strength. Yesterday was a wonderful day and the reason for it being so great was I finally got out of this depressing pit that I put myself in! I just kind of let myself start feeling sorry for myself and just kept digging my pit deeper and deeper when finally I realized I was having a hard time being positive about this whole situation. I know that there will definitely be days that I can't alway be up and ready to fight the world but I allowed myself to take my eyes of the One who gives me strength and onto my temporary problem. My mom remined me of the story of the Isrealites when they were getting ready to enter into the Promised Land that God had for them. God instructed Moses to have 12 men representing each tribe of Isreal to go and scout out the land that was promised to them. 10 men came back with negative reports of giants and fortified walls and cities making it impossible to take over. However, Joshua and Caleb were the only two that came back and told the Isrealites that it was a land flowing with milk and honey and ready for the taking ESPECIALLY since God was with them they could do anything. The Isrealites were quick to only hear of the negative reports and believe that the giants were too big to conquer. I too like the Isrealites was quick to only hear of the negative reports of my new chemo drug and all that was to follow (surgery and reconstruction) and forgot ALL of the promises God had already given me before I even started chemo. Yes, this is definitely one HUGE monster giant that I am facing at the moment with "fortified citites" all around it, but God is in control and if I keep my eyes focused on Him I too will conquer!!! Victory is already mine - Healing is already mine! So if you are reading this today and face a giant of your own know that you are not alone but God walks before you to lead you on a path of victory IFyou are willing to follow Him. Thanks mom for your insight - wow, it was great! Terri and Colleen - you awesome women- thank you for praying with me yesterday and speaking those words over me. It did more for me than you know :) Renee T. - Your card was hilarious and came just on the perfect day- I needed that. Thank you soooo much! You are right - this girl will never complain of a bad hair day again! Love you all!

Dana

No comments: