Wednesday, August 8, 2007

On Bended Knee



Hello Family and Friends,
Yes, this has been a day on bended knees praying to God for strength, courage and hope! Yesterday I went to my first breast cancer support group called "Breast Friends". Kind of funny play on words, but thought the support of others going through this journey would be helpful. I went with the intentions of finding out about the experiences they had regarding masectomies, great plastic surgeons and opinions on reconstruction or no reconstruction. Little did I realize that I would soon be very overwhelmed with concerns that I had never considered or even knew about. To say the least I would much rather walk through this experience "nieve" or just take it day by day as my body dictates rather than hearing all the "horror" stories of others. Not that they meant it to scare me or anyone else in that room . The group is an excellent group and full of beautiful, strong women who I consider to be warriors but I just wasn't ready for that yet. One thing I walked away with last night is that God has indeed spared me from a great number of side effects as I listened to others who also took the same chemotherapy drug but couldn't remain on it. I have even more to be thankful for because of His great grace and mercy on my life. Please pray that my focus stays on the Lord and that He will protect my mind from fearing and doubting. I do indeed have my "bad" days and need the saints to rally around me but I just love the psalm that speaks of mourning for a time and then joy comes in the morning! So tomorrow I look forward to the sunrise, my boys big morning smooches and my hubby's hugs - everything will be better :)

P.S. My friend Chris from Wisconsin just cut her beautiful, long, brown hair to give to locks of love. You are one special gal, Chris and I love you tons! Hope you don't mind but I had to sport your "new do" to all my friends on the blog!

Love to you all,
Dana

3 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

Hey girl,

Glad to hear you are keeping the faith. Keep yourself surrounded by the positive thoughts!

Eliza

mom said...

Dana,

The verse in Ruth comes to me when her uncle Mordecia turns to Ruth and states ... "for such a time as this". God has granted you favor with strength and courage to do battle. Keep on my amazing daughter!

Love,
Mom

Lauren said...

Hi Buddy,
So in awe of your GIANT heart! You keep on keepin on and know we are standing strong in prayer with YOU! We know God has your precious heart in his hands. Thanks for sending the photos of the sweet boys, that meant so much to us since we are so far away!
Lots of love,
Lauren