Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Good Tuesday

Hello to my family and friends!
Yesterday I had my 9th treatment of chemo - Yes- only 3 left of this drug. It is only by God's strength that I can do this! Sometimes I can't hardly believe that 12 weeks of chemo will be under my belt. On August 12th I will have a chemo education class on the next drug they will be giving me. From what I understand this half of the treatment is a cake walk compared to the next drug. I will admit I have been been quite fearful of this next drug. It sounds pretty harsh and causes a lot of nausea. I could really use your prayers that God will keep me safe from negative side effects and that my body receives this drug well. My first treatment of this new drug will be August 27th - Please start praying!!!! Doing pretty good today. Not too tired. My stomach has been a little upset but I think it's just because I have been thinking about the next 3 months rather than just taking it day by day. That's really the best medicine is just living for the day and not worrying about what tomorrow holds. That's a hard lesson to learn. I find myself talking to God all day just telling Him what's on my mind. He has become my very best friend! I really do need your prayers for strength, courage and a warrior mentality. I really started out strong in these areas but in the last week and half my attitude and spirit toward this whole thing has really hit bottom. This is where I know your prayers will lift me right back up. I am trying to remember those things God spoke to my heart before all of this began. Well, that's it for now. I hope you all are enjoying this day!!!!!

Love you,
Dana

2 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

Hey Dana!

Can you email me your home email address? I have something to forward to you.

Thanks,
Eliza

Heather said...

Dana,

Your beautiful spirit shines so bright! You are amazing! I wish I could really express to you what a witness you have been to my heart. We will be praying 2 Tim 1:7 and Phil 4:8 over you this month. We love you!

Heather