Thursday, July 5, 2007

Another Day Accomplished!

Thank you Lord that you helped me through this day! Yesterday and today I must admit have been a little physically difficult. The chemo hit me hard yesterday making me extremely worn out and a little achey. Today not as tired but just a tinge of nausea. Thank you to Jill who bought me some peppermint tea - it really works!! It definitely cuts the nausea a bit. On these days I must remind myself that it's ok to just rest. My nature is to be on the constant go motion and this has really been a difficult adjustment for me. For instance, today my goal was to just complete a load of wash and get it folded. Well, mission accomplished! I was so proud of myself for getting it done where as on a"normal" day that would have been a pretty puny task. The Lord is teaching me just a few things on this journey and one of them is patience and learning to wait on Him. Not only that but to trust Him for completely everything even my very breath. How many times as a Christian have I recited the verse Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight? I have said that one to myself many times and have shared that with others as well. However, that verse these days have taken on a whole new meaning. I am learning that by trusting in Christ for my EVERYTHING takes away a lot of stress, anxiety and worry. I know now that He knows what 's best for me and that gives me peace! However, I know these hard days will come to an end and when it's my time to shout His praises there won't be anything holding me down! I sometimes invision myself as bull in it's pen waiting for that moment to bust out with all it's might and charge!!!!! Well God is showing me JUST A FEW THINGS while I'm "waiting in my pen" but I tell you when that time comes for me to bust out there won't be anymore time to be resting in the Lazy Boy- I will be put'n on the "Busy Mode" and singing His praises of grace and mercy! Oh yes, I did have my MRI today and will have the results of that by next monday. It will show how much cancer God had destroyed since the last one 5 weeks ago :) Please continue to pray for the boys that they will be healed of their colds and that I and Mark will remain healthy too! Thanks all for your posts - I love them and they encourage me so! P.S. Sarah, thank you for setting up a meal during the week. Today's meal was so awesome and came on the perfect day. What a total blessing! Also, to our Wellington small group, you guys have been so supportive with cards, prayers, calls and delicious meals! Thank you doesn't seem to express our gratitude. We love you guys!

Love,
Dana

No comments: