Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend In the Mountains

Hello Family and Friends,
Hope you all had a good weekend! The Lord blessed me and my family with an awesome weekend up in the mountains camping. We went camping with Mark's family up to Ranger Lakes. It was absolutely beautiful! Weather was perfect and I felt great. I was able to stay in Harlan and Marlene's 5th wheel and the boys and daddy camped out in their tent. We all had a blast and the mountain air was awesome. Chaz, Mark and Harlan all went fishing Saturday morning (and after a little prayer by Cade) they hit the fish jackpot! Actually, Harlan and Chaz were fishing and kept reeling them in so Mark stood next to them with the net to catch them all :) ( I am not telling fish stories either) It was so much fun to see Chaz get soooo excited to hook a fish. Chaz did catch the monster fish that day! We know it was a "divine fishing appointment" because every other time they went fishing they didn't get anything. The best part of the trip for me was Marlene's cooking - wow!! She is quite a cook and we all agreed that for some reason food cooked at the campsite always tastes soooo good! Thanks Marlene for all your great meals. I am hoping that those fine meals tip the scale to over 100 lbs tomorrow at chemo! I am still stuffed :) Thanks to both Harlan & Marlene for all the effort it took make the weekend happen and making good memories for us all! Yes, tomorrow is chemo #8! Please pray that all goes well and that my port is up for another poking- still a little tender from last week. After tomorrow only 4 treatments left of the Taxol and then I get to start the next drug. Man, God is sooooo good because I can't hardly believe that this portion of the treatment is almost over. Mark did notice today that the top of my head is bald in certain spots and I also noticed that part of my eyebrow on my right side is gone - Yikes, like I said in my last post I am a definite Beauty Queen:) It is kind of funny when you see Mark and I standing next to eachother. If you have ever seen Austin Powers movie with "Mini Me". Yea, that 's me - Mini Me standing next to Big Baldie! The doctor did say that most of my hair would be gone but I was hoping not to have to shave anymore! But no, that hair still has to grow like gang busters! Have a great Sunday nite -

Love to all,
Dana

Prayer Requests:
Tomorrow's chemo at noon goes well!

4 comments:

mom said...

Dana, Dad and I are so happy you had a fantastic weekend, filled with relaxation and restoration! We've heard some fish stories in our time and I must say your's is a WHOPPER !!!!

Love ya tons,
Mom

Unknown said...

Dana, Can't tell you enough how much I love your blog!! It's like I get to talk to you every day! Glad you had a great time of R&R with the Dunlaps--can I book a vacation with Marlene as our cook? Keep up the great attitude and remember you're always in our prayers! We love you sooooo much!
Jodi & all the boys

mom said...

Sorry Jodi, I have first dibs on Marlene. We're "tight" you know !!! Us grannies have to stick together.

Bonnie
(Dana's mom)

Eliza Brock said...

Hi Dana!
This is the first chance I have had to read your blog. It is awesome and I hope it is really helping you out. I know it did for me. We also went camping this last week up at Glendo, we love camping. I also remember forgetting about the meds I had taken. I ended up buying a pill dispenser with a am and pm side, it seemed to help a bunch if you can get past the fact that you feel like you're 100 with a "pill box". But I forgot too much to not organize it somehow. Did you ever get that Emla cream for your port? I am telling you..that's where it is at. Ask them to call in a perscription for you. It really helps, especially if you get a nurse that is on the rough side. Although I love them all dearly!! I am so glad I got the chance to meet you face to face last week at chemo. You look awesome and sound like you are staying positive, which I think is key in recovery. I would love your address, so email it to me...elizajonbrock@msn.com Cute pictures on your blog. That was really nice of your neighbor to shave her head...wow! I pray your treatment today goes easy and you don't have chemo/benedryl haze the entire day! I hate to admit it but I never did get past the "staring". I know people can't help it and especially kids but it doesn't make it any easier. Go and get some cute scarves, they make it fun! Hey with that neighbor of yours sewing all them time she can make you some neat ones. They are super easy to make. Go pick out the fabric and call in a favor! Talk to you soon!!