Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Rock of Rememberance

Hello Family and Friends,
Today was a good day for clouds and rain as I could stay inside and lay in my Lazy boy and sleep off the effects of the chemo. Thank you Marlene for "Grandma Camp" today for Cade as Chaz was at football camp- it really gave me a chance to rest :) The chemo effects seem to get a little more intense with each treatment. I can easily deal with the tiredness but the feeling of nausea is sometimes a little too much! As, I was resting today God brought to my mind the story of the Isrealites after they came through their desert experience and had entered the promised land. Joshua had set up 12 stones (for the twelve tribes of Isreal) to help them remember and also future generations to remember of how God saved them from their desert experience and brought them into their promised land. I don't think that these were just small stones but rather large rocks maybe boulders ( I am going to google this after I am done because I think I had heard that these "stones of rememberance are still there - how cool!!) Anyways, what an awesome reminder to us as believers of God's true faithfulness and power! It says in Joshua 4:24 "He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God". I too am experiencing a "desert experience" but can look back on previous "stones of rememeberance" to know He is faithful and will pull me through this. I will have a large "rock of rememberance" but it will be a joy to look at because it will represent His strength in my life. So when I start to question why me I had better start quoting Joshua 4:24! Will you guys please remind me of this verse on my bad days??? :)

Prayer requests:
Continued strength physically, mentally and spiritually
Tolerability of chemo treatments and able to still care for my family

Love you all!
Dana

No comments: