Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lonely, But Not Alone!

Hello Family and Friends,
It has been a few days since I have posted an update. My mom and sis left on Wednesday. Thanks Mom and Brit for making the trip and helping out with so much! I received my 7th treatment this last Monday and all went well with the exception of a sore port area after the nurse had placed in the needle. (The port is under my skin on my chest and it looks like a little button. This is where the nurse places the needle to adminster the chemo each week.) Normally, when I am poked it just feels like a mosquito bite. However, this last Monday was a doozy! I did have the port checked out today to make sure all is well and it is :) I am really starting to feel different effects of the chemo that I hadn't the first five treatments. I am basically a beauty queen right now - bald, pimply, and half of my brain feels like its on vacation. I lost my keys twice today and couldn't find my cell phone. I had to call it to locate it in the house. Then as I was getting ready for bed I couldn't remember what medication I had already taken and which ones I had left. However, to give myself a little credit I do take about a dozen pills a day. I have had several people ask me how I have felt today. To be quite honest, not really sure how to express how I feel physically or mentally - just plain shot! The chemo really is taking a toll on me as it continues and I guess it gets a little discouraging because I am trying my best to keep my head "above the waters". The whole "bald thing" has never gotten to me except for today when I had a little girl just stare at me like I was from a different planet and then several people I noticed couldn't stop starring. Sometimes I wonder what goes through their minds. I try and place myself in their shoes and wonder what I would think. Today was the first day in this whole process that I truly felt a loneliness that was undescribable. Something I knew that only I was going through and nobody around me could take away or understand. My husband is the most wonderful man and has ALWAYS been and IS my hugest support but even he can not take away this lonelines that comes with this territory. But there is One who understands this loneliness and is right now giving me this realization! Christ, our Saviour, who died on the cross for each of us experienced a loneliness that none of us could imagine and He did it to show us His great love for us! I believe that even in these lonely days Christ is standing right next to me saying" Daughter, you are mine and I will walk with you every step of the way!" I must remember that He has brought us through some many other difficult times so why would this be any different??? I have to thank a dear friend of mine - Tracy N. Thank you Tracy for the most encouraging note and lyrics to Ginny Owens song -POWERFUL words! I was a sobbing mess when I read the lyrics to that song. I must admit I felt like I was reading my story. You can't possibly know how timely your card was and what it meant to me. I also love the socks! Where ever I go I always say that "With God, all things are posssible"! For those of you reading this my friend sent me these adorable socks with that scripture on them. Tracy, I will probably wear those things out :) Please pray that God would protect me from negative side effects of the chemo and that I can continue on in God's strength!

Love you all!
Dana

"Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!" Psalm 66:5

2 comments:

ND said...

God bless you

Unknown said...

miss all of you guys already too
:( I wish this didnt have to be happening to you, but there is a reason for it. You are a huge trooper and are handling this better than anybody can imagine. You make us all proud. Love you tons. brit