Friday, July 13, 2007

Great Day!

What a nice day today. Usually by Friday the chemo is starting to wear off and I begin to get a renewed strength and energy - yeah!!! I am thankful for these good days because I kind of get to feel like a normal wife and mommy. This morning Chaz was finishing his last day of football camp and Aunt Debi and Uncle Kev watched Cade for me so I could go and watch chaz do his thing! Thanks Deb and Kev for taking Cade for the morning. He was just telling daddy how Auntie Deb let him jump in the pool and then you caught him but he still went into the water :) He too had a blast today - thank you!! I was blessed once again by one of God's angels. A special lady named Twila, who is an incredible massage therapist, gave me an upper body massage to work out some of this tension. All I have to say is "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"! It was wonderful and I am so grateful- Thanks Twila! I just praise God for allowing me to see all of His wonderful blessings around me and be thankful for my every breath - He is good!

Love,
Dana

1 comment:

Craig said...

Dana: Like the new hairdo. Reminds me of my Army haircuts, although I never looked as good as you! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. You're going through something profound and difficult and I admire your courage and good cheer.

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
--emily dickinson

Love you,

Craig