Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Day of Blessing

Hello Family and Friends,
What a day of blessing from the Lord! God just knows what you need when you need it. Yesterday as my body was physically tired from chemo my emotions started to go down hill too. I am realizing that this is more of a mental game than it is physical. Sometimes I just get tired of being strong and that's when I know the prayers of many carry me through. I was also starting to feel for the first time in this process a little "U-G-L-Y, You ain't got no alibly" I mean when you look in the mirror and see a baldie with pimples all over her head it's not the prettiest sight. Anyways, as I poured out my heart to God last night after today I know He heard every word. It's like that scripture in Psalms 30:5 "...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." This morning the kids auntie and uncle took them to the city pool to have a day of fun in the sun and then back to their house for the rest of the afternoon. I was able to rest the WHOLE day - what a needed rest too! I crashed hard! Thanks Deb and Kev for the sleep and quiet time - a total blessing. Then two special friends came to deliver meals from Supper Solutions. What an incredible blessing. I was totally overwhelmed with their kindness. Sandy G. and Susanne you have blessed me and my family more than you know! What a total treat! Then I received a card in the mail from a special lady who I have yet to meet. A gift certificate was enclosed for a manicure. How fun that will be to help in the "pretty department". Thanks Toni! God is true to His promises. He is a faithful God even down to the smallest of details. He even cares that I need to feel pretty :) So to say the least, today was an incredible day despite the tired. Thank you all for your prayers and support - it's what helps us get through.

Love,
Dana

Prayer Requests:
*Please begin to pray that my body will tolerate the next chemo drug well with no side effects. It supposedly causes a lot of nausea and other wonderful things. That will start in 4 more weeks.
*Please pray that God take away fear and helps me to trust Him in everything!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi sis, I miss you tons. Im soo glad you got some great needed rest today. What an awesome day it sounds like. I manicure is just what you need to make you feel good. You have to know you look soo cute bald. Dont let those thoughts enter your mind. :) Miss you. Love Brit

Linda Elwood said...

Hi Dana, I just received an email from your sister Brit about her trip out to see you and what a wonderful time she had. I worked with Brit in Aurora IL at Old Kent Bank a few years ago, well maybe longer than that... Anyways...I'm very involved in Pug Rescue and one day I receive a phone call from someone asking about my clubs pug rescue program.. Yes it was your sister. Talk about a small world. So I called her back and as we were talking we realized that we had worked together before. We have been in contact every since. I'm sure you know that she adopted Oscar from rescue, well he was my foster baby 3 times... and let me tell you what a saint your sister is for putting up with his potty issues and still wanting to give him his forever home. I will always be greatful to her for that. So that is how I got this blog site and why I wanted to write. I am so glad to know that you are a sister in Christ. HE is the only One that can bless you and comfort you. God is our Savior and when we receive Him as our personal Savior we will have a forever home in Heaven with Him. I will keep you in my prayers and will send your blog on to my family members. Please know that we all will be praying for your strength, your husband and kids too. God Bless you for being so strong. Keep the faith Dana! Love and prayers, Linda Elwood

Brittany said...

Hi Dana and family!

We think of and pray for you often! :)

My mom wrote a major long post a week or two ago... somehow with her lacking technical skills it was lost and she didn't know what she did... and I wasn't home to help... hehe.

So, until we get her back to the computer to send you an email... know you're all loved and prayed for! :)

Blessings,
Brittany for the Lewin family :)