Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Joy of the Lord Is My Strength!

Hello Family and Friends,
I am beginning to understand what it means to have the joy of the Lord be my strength. Today I really don't have a lot of physical strength due to the chemo but His joy is getting me by! I have noticed now there is a definite pattern of emotions that I go through during the week. By day 3 and 4 after treatments you get so physically worn down that the spirit tends to drop with it. These are the days that it is more of a mental game than physical. Today my mind started to wander to the length of my treatment, how many crummy days are ahead, wishing I could just have a "normal fun summer" with my boys and the list goes on! It just takes me awhile to get out of that funk because I soon remember all of the promises that My God has given me and that pulls me out of the pits! God is awesome because he has already shown himself today through "His helpers". Jay & Brandi you guys are the best - thank you for the delicious meal you brought not to mention one of Mark's favorites :) Your smiles warmed my heart - I needed that today. Thank you to Laurie H. who just stopped by to ask to pick up my kids to take them to the park for the afternoon. ( I will take a rain check on that since they were napping :) That was so thoughtful and how timely. God is faithful and knows what I need when I need it. Not much else to report - Signing out for now!

Prayer requests:
Pray for gene test to come back negative
Pray that lymph node under my arm will shrink to nothing!
Pray for lifted spirits in our home.
Minimal to no side effects during chemo

Thank you and Love you,
Dana

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana-
I love the new haircut! I remember you saying how you dreaded the thought of losing your hair & it's neat to see how God is getting you through each phase. He's always there for you and we are praising Him for his faithfulness!!! Make sure you put Texas on your calendar for next year! We love ya'll!
Jodi

Unknown said...

Danish,
You look beautiful! I'm so excited about your blog. Its great to know what is happening day by day so we will know how to pray. God IS faithful! You have encouraged me just by reading thru your entries! (I thought I was supposed to be encouraging you! :)

You are awesome girlfriend and I cant wait to give you a huge hug in just a few weeks!

Love you- Lizzy

cjjwhiteford said...

Dana,

You don't know me personally, but you're good friends with my brother Jeff Drake and wife Lori. Lori told me about you several weeks ago and I've been praying for you. I was 30 when I went thru breast cancer, chemo, radiation (I'm now 36). You little blog brought back lots of memories. I felt like I was reading my journal and looking at my own pictures.... feelings thru chemo, family shaving head, tiredness, emotions, joy, trust, pain, etc. I was very sick with nausea the whole time tho - which wasn't fun. But I can honestly say that it was a bittersweet time for me. It was soooo hard BUT I wouldn't trade that time with God for anything.

Have hope that the Lord continues to heal you fully -- I'm a living testament. My favorite verse during that time was Psalm 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Blessings,

Jennifer Whiteford (sister of Jeff Drake)

judy r said...

HI Dana, I haven't written for a while but I have been looking at the blog. What a marvelous group of people God has got for you. I agree with Lizzy who said YOU are an encouragement for the rest of us! I have a couple of things for you. First, when I called my prayer partner to tell him your MRI good news, before I could say anything except "Hey, you know that lady in Colorado we have been praying about" he said immediately, "Tell her to remember and think on the things God gave to her in the beginning and before". So if you will remember, that is what I keep preaching to you, so to speak. So hang on to His promises. The other thing is to go to David Wilkerson's web site if you do not get his newsletters. He always sends a cover letter with the newsletters and you need to see the cover letter for July 2. The website is worldchallenge.org. On the home page it says pulpit newsletters or something like that. It is the last one which is July 2 I think. It is about going through trials etc. Love you. God is your sustainer. Judy R